Italy is one of the famous tourist and study destinations across the world. Every year thousands of tourists across the world visit Italy to see ancient wonders. Italy has a very rich culture and environment which makes it an appealing place to visit and study. Italian institutions are considered the best in the world in terms of study. Politecnico Di Torino is one of the leading engineering Universities in Europe.
Cost of study and living in Italy is very low as compared to other countries of the world. And if you got a scholarship, then everything will be free of cost. Your living, food, cleaning and every other benefit will be free of cost. If you are searching how to apply for Italy student Visa from Pakistan then follow these simple steps.
Apply for Italy Student Visa from Pakistan
Italy is a member of EU and also falls under the Schengen agreement. According to Schengen agreement, the holders of Schengen Visa can move freely in the territory of another member state. For example, if you got visa of Italy, then you can go to France, Germany, Sweden Belgium, Norway, and other member states
Let me discuss with you my personal experience of applying study visa of Italy from Pakistan. In this way, you will understand the overall process easier.
Italy Student Visa Process from Pakistan
Below is the overall process from start to end on how to apply for Italy Student Visa from Pakistan.
The first thing whenever you plan to get a student visa is getting an acceptance letter from a university. In case of Italy, I will recommend you to get your offer letter from universities like University of Siena, Politecnico Di Torino, University of Torino, and the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”.
The reason I have mentioned these universities is that they offer the admission letter pretty fast. If you are willing to apply for business studies, then I recommend you to apply for the University of Siena.
Prepare Your Documents
Once you get your offer letter or approval letter, the next step is to prepare your additional/supportive documents.
- Verify your SSC and HSSC degrees and transcripts from your respective study Board.
- If you are applying for Masters, then you need to verify your Bachelor degree from your University.
- Attest your verified SSC and HSSC degrees/transcripts from IBCC and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In case of Bachelor degree, you will have to visit HEC to verify it.
- For verification at IBCC, Foreign Affairs and HEC, you will have to verify 1 original and three photocopies of each document.
- After your degrees and transcripts have been verified you need to translate them into the Italian For this purpose, you will find a lot of shops in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Kansas is one of the famous translation firms working in Pakistan.
- Get a Polio clearance certificate from your nearest hospital.
- Travel insurance covering a minimum of 30,000 Euros for one year is compulsory.
- An IELTS score of 5.5 for Bachelors and 0 for Masters is compulsory. However, the students who have already done Masters in Pakistan and are applying for Masters again in Italy. It is not compulsory to provide IELTS certificate, you can also go with English Language Proficiency Certificate from your last attended university.
Bank Statement Needed for Italy Student Visa
This is the most confusing part for the students. Most of the students present fake statements which result in visa rejection. In this section, I will consider adding my personal experience.
One of my friends had a bank statement of 5.6 Million Pakistani Rupees (Approx 56 Lacs) but he got rejected. Though the statement was genuine and well maintained by his father he was refused. In my case, it was just 3.2 Million Pakistan Rupees. My Visa was approved without any hesitation.
You might be thinking why he got rejected and I got selected? Well, the only reason was the interview conducted at the embassy. As far as bank statement is concerned an amount of minimum 10 Lac Pakistani Rupees is enough.
The VISA INTERVIEW conducted on the day of your appointment figures out whether you should be accepted or rejected. Most of the people who got rejected have a bad experience in the interview.
Italy Student Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
It’s time to apply for Italian Student Visa from Pakistan.
- Book your appointment from the website of Italian Embassy in Pakistan.
- On the day of your appointment take your educational and supportive documents with you.
- A valid Pakistani passport up to 6 months.
- Offer letter from the university.
- Bank statement.
- Visa Fee of 6000 PKR.
- 6 Passport size photographs
- All Visa Application Forms are provided by the Italian embassy.
Finally, these were the simple steps on how to apply for Italy Student Visa from Pakistan. I will discuss with you on how to apply need-based scholarship for Pakistani students in Italy later. In the end, if you have any question, then let me know in the comment section down.