We have been receiving a lot of requests from our members on Facebook regarding Qatar. Recently, Qatar has announced some new rules regarding immigration for foreigners. The most important of all the rules is the permanent residency in Qatar being offered to foreign nationals. Therefore, being a permanent resident you can enjoy the rights similar to the citizens of Qatar.
Benefits of Permanent Residency in Qatar
Below are some of the benefits in Qatar for the Permanent residents
- You can enjoy equal working and living rights. You will not need employer (Kafeel) to work in Qatar anymore.
- A permanent resident in Qatar will be able to buy his/her own property in Qatar. Can establish a business without the help of any local person.
- Permanent resident will be eligible to all medical benefits free of cost.
Who is eligible to Apply for Permanent Residency in Qatar?
If we talk about the eligibility criteria for permanent residency in Qatar, then below are some rules
- People who are living in Qatar for more than 20 years can apply for Permanent Residency.
- Foreign nationals who are born in Qatar can apply for permanent residency after 10 years.
- Must be proficient in Arabic language.
Other ways to apply for Permanent Residency
If you do not fall under the above-specified rules, then don’t worry. You can still apply for the permanent residency, If:
- You marry a Qatar national, male or female, then you are eligible to apply for PR.
Moreover, if you hold a permanent residency in Qatar, then your children on the time of birth will be offered permanent residency as well. Qatar government has decided to offer 100 permanent residency status to foreign nationals each year.
In addition to this, Qatar has introduced a new rule to foreign nationals as well. Even if you don’t have permanent residency in Qatar, you can fly away from Qatar without the permission of your Employer (Kafeel). However, the people working in factories or companies as labours will need to ask for permission.
Finally, these were some new rules regarding the permanent residency in Qatar. If you have any queries, let us know down in the comment section.