Whenever you think of Canada, the first picture that comes to mind is of vast landscapes, great lakes and iconic mountains. As you know Canada is the second largest country in the world with a bundle of future opportunities for immigrants and international students. The environment for the international students is welcoming and helping when it comes to studying in Canada. Canada is more of a modern and dynamic multi-cultural society with 2 official languages namely English and French. Every year, a large number of students from Pakistan apply for Canada Student Visa. Most of them fail because they don’t know the proper way to apply for the visa. We will reveal the easiest and concise way on how to apply for Canada student visa from Pakistan
Places to Study in Canada
Here are some of the best places to study in Canada
- Medicine Hat
Canada Student Visa Requirements for Pakistan
The Student Visa requirements that must be fulfilled are given below
- Acceptance Letter
- Bank Statement or Proof of Income
- Filling Visa Forms
- Apply for the Visa
1. How to get Acceptance Letter from Canadian Institutions
This is the first step to apply for a study permit in Canada. To get your acceptance letter from a college or university in Canada you will need some basic qualifications
- Minimum 50% in you FA, FSC, I.COM, B.A, B.COM, BS
- ILETS score of 6.5 Bands (Minimum of 6 Bands in each module)
- GAPS: You have to mention the activities carried out in between your last qualification and the date you are applying for Canadian Student Visa. This is the most important thing to mention and the most common reason for being rejected.
- Course Selection: Your course selection plays an important role in your overall visa process. Please note that there must be some kind of relevancy between your last attended course and the course you wish to study in Canada.
- Valid Pakistani Passport for more than 6 months.
Note: Keep the receipt of application fee with you as it is required to be presented later on when applying for Canada Student Visa from Pakistan.
2. Bank Statement/Proof of Income
As an international student, you need to provide details of sufficient funds required for your stay in Canada. It is a common myth in Pakistan that you should have a very strong Bank Statement to get a visa. However, this is wrong because a strong bank statement has nothing to do with your visa.
Bank Statement is required to confirm that you got enough money to cover-up your tuition fee and living expenses in Canada.
Living expenses are around $10,000 to 12,000 for one year
Tuition fees are around $11,000 to 25,000 for one year. Note that tuition fee depends upon the type of university you have chosen. You have to pay your first tuition fee directly to your university or college account.
How much Is Bank Statement needed for Canada Student Visa from Pakistan?
We recommend you to prepare your statement something like this
Bank Statement for Canadian Student Visa = Your Tuition Fee + Yearly Expense + $2000 extra
- Deposit Money in GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
In September 2012, Canadian Government introduced a new system called GIC. According to this system, you need to deposit $10,000 to their designated bank (Scotia Bank). And if you don’t want to go with the GIC then you can even show proof of education loan from a bank equivalent to $10,000. However, we strongly recommend you to deposit 10,000 Canadian Dollars to GIC account.
3. Filling Other Visa Forms
In this step, you need to complete the remaining forms required by the Canadian Embassy in Pakistan.
- This mostly includes the Family Information Form also known as IMM5707 Form. You just have to complete this form. It’s easy to fill form containing information related to you, your parents or spouse. In this, you have to mention whether you are travelling alone or with any of this family member.
- Custodianship declaration form is to be filled in the case you are a minor.
- Use of a Representative form is to be filled when you are using any representative to help you apply for the student visa.
- You will need 2 photos with a clear white background. Also, write your name and date of birth at the back of each photograph.
4. Apply For the Visa
Once the above mentions 3 steps are completed its time to Apply for Canada Student Visa from Pakistan. To apply for the student visa you have to make the application online through Canadian Immigration website. Once you lodge a visa file, it takes nearly 6 to 8 weeks to come up with the visa decision.
The online portal allows you sign-up with two options. We recommend you to join with GC Key as it’s officially set up by Government of Canada.
Be patient once your application is being processed by the embassy. You will be called as well as updated on your online portal about the visa confirmation.
Congratulations on the Visa
Once you have your visa, the next step is to take care of following things
- Air ticket
- Take at least CAD $2000 with you
- Email your college or university for the pickup from Airport. In the email tell them about your arrival time at the airport.
- Check the website of your institution for accommodation. If you don’t find one then you can join Facebook pages related to Pakistani students in Canada.
- Keep your letter of acceptance with you all the way to Canada.
- Make a travel insurance certificate of at least one year. In this case, I recommend you to go with EAST WEST INSURANCE. This might cost you around Pakistani 11 to 12,000 Rupees.
- A Polio vaccination certificate is optional to carry.
- Keep all your educational and other documents in your hand baggage.
So, this is process about how to apply for Canada Student Visa from Pakistan. We wish you the best in your educational career. If you have any other recommendation or any question related to student visa then let us know in the comments section down there.