One of the frequently asked question from the people living in Pakistan is about the Russian Citizenship or Russian Passport. How can they apply for a citizenship and when they can get a passport. Therefore, here in this article, we will cover how to apply for Russian Citizenship as a Pakistani Citizen in an easy way.
Back in 2002, Russian Government introduced “New Citizenship Act of Russia” for the foreigners. According to this Act, acquiring the citizenship of Russia has been made really easy and quick. Getting citizenship in Russia is easy to get when compared to US and UK. Moreover, the Russian Passport allows you to travel 105 countries without any visa. However, Russia does not allow dual nationality.
Who is Eligible for Russian Citizenship as a Pakistani Citizen
In order to get Russian Citizenship, you need to consider the following things
- You must be in Russia before you apply for the citizenship
- Once you are in Russia, you will need to apply for the Russian Temporary Residence Permit (TRP). In order to get TRP, you must have a valid Russian visa of any type for at least 6 months.
- Every year Russian Government announces a quota for Russian Citizenship in January. Therefore you can apply for Quota Based and Non-Quota Based citizenship in Russia. Marrying a Russian citizen is a common example of Non-Quota based citizenship.
- Moreover, you can invest in a running business in Russia and pay taxes for 6 months before you apply for Non-quota based citizenship.
- If you are working in a registered company in Russia for more than six months, then you can apply for Russia citizenship as a Pakistani citizen.
Procedure to Russian Citizenship under Quota
To apply for Russian citizenship you will need to visit the office of Federal Migration Service Russia and get a citizenship form. You will have to attach the required documents mentioned in the form.
There is a lot of competition in Quota-Based Citizenship. You might need a lawyer to file the case for you as well. If your documents are accepted, then you will be given a TRP up to 3 years. TRP fee to apply for citizenship is around 1600 Rubles. Besides this, if you have hired a lawyer, then he/she may charge you a high service fee as well. Every year you have to re-Authenticate your TRP as well.
The second step is to apply for the Permanent Residence or PR. You can apply for the PR, once you hold a TRP for a minimum of 14 months. Note that if you are a highly qualified person like Engineer, Doctor, etc then you don’t need to apply for TRP.
You can apply for PR in Russia directly. PR is valid up to 5 years and you can renew after every 5 years. PR of Russia has similar benefits to that of a US Green Card. PR holder of Russia can vote as well. PR holder of Russia is entitled to same benefits as a Russian citizen.
Condition to Apply PR in Russia
There are certain condition and requirements to Apply PR in Russia.
- You must have a legal address in Russia
- You have not stayed outside of Russia for more than 6 months
- Medical clearance certificate. For example, you should not possess any disease like AIDS, Polio, etc
- You must be proficient in the Russian If your age is more than 65 years, then there is no need to show any proficiency in the language.
Apply for Russian Passport
To apply for Russian Passport, you need to consider following things
- You should be a PR holder
- Must have lived in Russia for a minimum of 5 years
- You can apply for Russian Passport after six months of getting your Permanent Residence (PR)
- You should be proficient in the Russian
- Must have paid taxes
- Legal source of income
- Russia does not allow Dual Nationality. You will have to cancel your Pakistani nationality in order to get Russian Passport.
- You should not be involved in any criminal activity.
So, this is how to apply for Russian citizenship as a Pakistan citizen. If you have any questions in my mind, then let us know in the comments section below